RCB strongest playing 11 in IPL 2024: The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2024 auction took place on December 19 as all ten franchises solidified their squads for the upcoming tournament season. In the case of Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), led by Faf du Plessis, they secured six slots during the auction, bringing in several quality players.
Among their acquisitions, Alzarri Joseph emerged as RCB’s highest-priced purchase, commanding a significant sum of INR 11.5 Crores. Alongside the West Indian speedster, the team added three more fast bowlers – Tom Curran, Lockie Ferguson, and Yash Dayal. Additionally, they secured the services of left-arm spinner Swapnil Singh and Gujarat’s top-order batsman Saurav Chauhan.
In the pursuit of acquiring a top-tier fast bowler for the upcoming season of the lucrative league, RCB made a determined effort to secure the services of Australian captain Pat Cummins. However, RCB fell short in securing him, and Cummins ultimately joined Sunrisers Hyderabad for a whopping Rs 20.50 crore.
Before the commencement of the IPL, let’s take a look at the potential preferred playing XI for RCB in the initial matches of the tournament:
1. Virat Kohli: An iconic figure in the IPL, Virat Kohli is set to open the innings for RCB in the 2024 season. He holds the record for the highest run-scorer in IPL history and remains a pivotal player for the team.
2. Faf du Plessis (C): Having led RCB in the previous IPL seasons, du Plessis is expected to continue as the skipper. His consistent performances as an RCB player make him a crucial asset for the team.
3. Rajat Patidar: Returning after missing the IPL 2023 due to injury, Patidar is anticipated to be a significant Indian batter in RCB’s playing XI.
4. Cameron Green: Secured in a trade deal with Mumbai Indians, Australian all-rounder Cameron Green, valued at Rs 17.50 crore, will play a vital role for RCB. His aggressive batting and bowling skills are pivotal for the team’s success.
5. Glenn Maxwell: A proven performer for RCB in recent seasons, the Australian all-rounder’s capabilities with both bat and ball are expected to be at their peak given his recent form in the upcoming IPL.
6. Dinesh Karthik (WK): Despite a mixed performance in IPL 2023, the seasoned campaigner Dinesh Karthik is likely to resume wicketkeeping duties for RCB in 2024.
7. Mayank Dagar: Acquired in a trade with Sunrisers Hyderabad, all-rounder Mayank Dagar’s spin bowling capabilities make him a crucial asset for RCB.
8. Alzarri Joseph: The hefty Rs 11.50 crore signing in the IPL 2024 auction, Joseph is expected to spearhead RCB’s pace attack, handling the new ball.
9. Mohammed Siraj: A consistent performer for RCB since 2018, Siraj is set to be the pace leader for Bangalore’s bowling attack.
10. Yash Dayal: Signed for Rs 5 crore in the IPL 2024 auction, Dayal will serve as the third pacer for RCB, contributing to the team’s pace arsenal.
11. Vijaykumar Vyshak: With promising performances in domestic cricket, the right-arm pacer is likely to get the nod over Akash Deep in the initial playing XI, based on his IPL 2023 contributions.
Impact Players: Anuj Rawat (wicketkeeper-batter), Karn Sharma (spinner), and Akash Deep (pacer) are potential impact players for RCB in the upcoming season.
Backups: Reece Topley, Lockie Ferguson, and Tom Curran are enlisted as backups for Alzarri Joseph, while Will Jacks stands in as backup for Glenn Maxwell in the RCB squad for IPL 2024.